Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Chiro and Horses and Crocheting

Well here is the offending item that put my back out
(yes that little bag of bows, was trying to put away Christmas)

Went to the chiropractor yesterday and he sees me walk in and looks at my back and says he still wants to be friends after this.  Well I knew it wasn't gonna be good lol.  He wasn't too bad, used his hammer on the backs of my knees and my lower back and a bit higher too then put the hips back in (that wasn't that fun)  Still sore but less intense pain its just sore muscles now that need to relax.  I go back tomorrow and I think maybe that's all for a while.  I only went 7 times last year that's gotta be a record thought i was doing pretty good.  Till this.  I also asked him about the weird clicking noises and he says on the outside of hips and I said mostly he said there is actually a name for them called clicking hip syndrome.  Its when the tendons slide over the hip back into place, especially loud on tight muscles.  Not much I can do about it either, and its not bad or good it just is.  But now I know.

The weather had warmed up beautifully here was +4 today and melting :)  Still was inside but its nice to know I could go out haha.  Saw the last of the ponies come running up this morning, not sure why they were behind but I like watching them.  Can always tell Razz even if shes just a shadow cause shes always loping in, everyone else walks or trots in.  Speaking of Razz I am in the 12 week challenge on Facebook again with her gotta get 30 rides, 40 hours horsemanship all within the next 12 weeks, starts Sunday, hope I'm up for that then.

(Razz coming in, I'm in the house then the new cows and behind them the winter horse pasture)

(I knew it was her :) )


(Rayne and Easy coming in slowly behind Razz)

I been crocheting to pass the time, its kinda fun learning new stuff and making way too many dishcloths lol but I only have cotton wool to practice with and not sure what else I can make with it.
(the single and double crochet ones)

(the patterned one from today with blue double crochet and ecru single crochet)





4 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I downloaded a book to learn crochet, but I never did anything with it. Some day... I've been considering seeing a chiropractor. The thing is that my husband has been seeing one every week, and now every few weeks, and I have to wonder what the value is in a treatment that only seems to work temporarily, since you have to keep going back. But I guess it does work, and that's why people keep going back. My issue is that there is no good chiropractor that anyone can recommend in my town, and my leg is in such bad shape that I can't drive beyond my city limits without becoming a danger to myself and everyone else. It's a Catch 22. If I saw a chiropractor out of the area, I'd have to call for a ride, and that would be time consuming and expensive.

Mrs Shoes said...

Can never have too many dishcloths - and they make a nice homemade gift from the heart too. Envious of your weather Crystal... it is -31* here today and steady like that for 3 or 4 weeks now. I am sick to death of it. I am praying for -15, which I never would've believed I would do, but it would feel like Springtime at this point. The windchill has had us down to -43*
I hate winter when it bites so damn hard.

Shirley said...

Sounds like you have a pretty good chiro. I got a massage yesterday (my Christmas Gift) and now things hurt where they didn't before!
Dishcloths usually sell pretty well at craft fairs. So you aren't wasting your time!
Supposed to warm up a bunch this week, maybe even some rain- but that might bring ice... I hope it doesn't make the snow too crusty for riding.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Ouch! Sounds like the chiro had his work cut out for him! hope it helped. I have to get my crochet stuff out and get back at it soon