Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

300

Well I made my 300 hour mark with rides with the Alberta Equestrian Federation.  Seems like it took way longer than it shoulda, haven't been riding as much this past year as I would like to or have in the past.  But I got there and now on my way to the 500 hour mark is the next reward.  With all the horses I have it shoulda took no time at all haha but we are continuing on.

I also headed to a trail clinic over the weekend, fantastic place and what a good guy, he is very mindful of the reasons he does stuff and has no trouble explaining it all till we all get it.  Very interesting guy to ask questions to.  We had a bunch of obstacles there and that was kinda fun, it wasn't about the obstacle really just making sure your horse was looking to you and going forward.  Very cool how we went about it, taught them to relax first then bring in a scary object, get them to look at you and relax and scary thing goes away.  Very neat.
(nice big pens to keep the horses in)

Also worked on releasing the poll and then getting a sidepass out of it.  Was easy but hard lol.  Easy to understand hard for me to release at the right time but we did get it a few times.  My timing is not right but I am working on it.  Then he has a short trail course with stuff in it and steep hills and we all went on it.  Pally is pretty cool she was going up the hill a little fast and I asked her to slow down and she just stopped.  Half way up a steep hill.  Was crazy. Didn't even rush out of it just walked to the top, that was cool.  Then his other short course has a swinging bridge, rain, pond with fountain (Pally didnt care for that one), vines, a slicker on a post, a rope gate and a block bridge.  She did everything but had to follow right behind his horse to do the fountain one and she rushed pretty fast through the rain but never thought of refusing so I will take it.
(the cabin at we stayed in, belongs to a friends cousin)

He took some pics but I haven't seen them so hopefully I can get them cause that would be super cool.  Thinking of going to another clinic or 2 in September if I can find time.  Id like to take everyone lol, but specially Razz, get her to slow down and maybe into a bit.  I am gonna try some of the stuff on her and see how it goes then when I am struggling can ask him about it.  The 2 day ones are only $150 and include 2 hour and a half sessions to work on whatever you want each day.  Pretty reasonable.

6 comments:

TeresaA said...

Congratulations on the 300 mark! That clinic sounds like fun. i am signed into one in August and can't wait. That cabin is beautiful.

aurora said...

Clinic sounds fantastic! Was the clinician a local guy? 300 is a great benchmark, congrats! Nice incentive.

Shirley said...

Glad you took Pally, she is such a cute lil thing. I agree that Razz would be a good one too, I think if you could get her to slow down you would ride her way more. Sounds like an excellent clinic, and very affordable.

Mrs Shoes said...

I always intend to keep track, and somehow I forget to mark down what horse, what day, how far.... after a while I just figure I've hit the mark & then some.

4RRanch said...

Way to go! I am sure you will meet your next goal in no time. I decided to start keeping track of my hours this year, but as luck would have it I haven't been able to ride much. The clinic sounded good too.

Crystal said...

Aurora, he was sorta a local guy, couple hours away but he started up the place just for clinics.