Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Friday, April 8, 2016

Bye Bye Bailey

So I been saying for 3 or so years I was gonna sell Bailey cause I just don't ride her enough and she loves the attention but I just never really got around to it.  Had mentioned in the comments a few times and a girl come out last year to try her and was too nervous.  Well same this year, never listed her for sale, put her in a few comments where it sounded like what they were looking for.  Talked to a few people, some not what they wanted and others said they were interested but never really heard back from them.  Oh well I wasn't too worried.  If I was listing her for sale I wanted to ride her some before they came so I knew she would be what she can be.

Well March 21 I got a message after a lesson that a lady was near my house and even though was short notice wondered if I would mind them stopping by.  Well by the time I got the message was an hour later they were in town havin lunch and so I phoned her we talked for a long time and turns out she did want to look at her.  I was farther from her from home but they took their time and I was only a couple minutes later than them.  She was right at the gate so we caught her and I brushed and saddled her and led her to the arena.  It was pretty wet in there but that don't bother Bailey. I rode her around a bit in there and then went out and rode down the road, she was a bit impatient looking at her buddies but did what I asked her to all the time.  Then the boy got on and rode her a bit and then the mom got on and then the boy wanted to ride again.  They liked her, she was responsive and didn't run off (like a few others they tried)  I told them I hadn't rode since last August so this is really what shes like, she will just get nicer.  They left and had to talk it over and with husband but sounded good.  They called me back a couple days later and it was a go.

Since they were from Montana she had to get a coggins and a health certificate so the next Monday I went in and did that.  It takes forever to come when waiting.  And I am so suspicious of people I was kinda expecting them to back out.  But got the results Wednesday and they came yesterday and picked her up.  They are so excited about it. I think it will be a perfect home for her too, they will ride or do something pretty much everyday and she will love that.  I spent the morning brushing her and getting her looking all pretty.
(I Love that they come when I call, 
of course Bailey in front)

(look at that long shiney tail)

(I let her hang out and eat grass while I brushed)

(wondering where her friends are)

(Ziggy was helping too, he would catch the flying hairs,
 it was hilarious)

(and off she goes)

(and safe at her new home)


I'm a little sad today.  Shes been her 12 years (same as we been married) and its kinda weird to look out there and not see her.  But things will probly be a bit calmer without her here but not as fun, shes always the one who came running in so fast, bringing everyone else with her.  But having a good home sure helps.  And I knew it was time, I have way too many horses to ride and so much on the go right now 7 was just too much.  (so is 6, but getting there)

6 comments:

Country Gal said...

I am glad she found another nice home hope they all do well and get a long and they all are happy after 12 years I would be missing her to ! Lovely photos and video. Thanks for sharing , have a good weekend !

TeresaA said...

It sounds like it was meant to be. But it must be hard to say goodbye

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

And you were talking about wanting Gabbrielle. Ha ha! Yeah, four is too much for me. I like to hear stories of how people are able to find new homes for their horses through chance. Advertising sure hasn't done me any good. I'm sure you miss her a lot.

Shirley said...

Looks like a pretty nice place that she went to. Glad you found the right home for her.

Linda said...

Glad to hear she went to a good place....I'm finding three too many to keep in shape.

4RRanch said...

Looks like a nice place, it's always hard letting one go, that's why I never seem to be able to.