Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

More on Easy

So yesterday I went to ride my boy again.  I picked up his papers and made winter plans.  I am going to go every Monday, Wednesday and Friday unless the weather is bad.   I am not going in the show this Saturday but will be in the one on the 16th.  I just have to show up and my horse will be ready.  How nice :)  I don't even have to enter, that will be all done, felling pretty spoiled its weird but I kinda like it.

Anyways his papers, pretty good breeding if I have to say so myself but that being said I did not buy him for his breeding I bought him cause how he's trained and how he can help me show.  But still nice to know.
(not a stallion anymore, will have to fix that when
 I send them in to get my name on them)

I went to K and K and they had a used Roohide there, its in pretty rough shape and of course its my least favorite tooling, barbwire.  But I took it on a trial and used it yesterday and it seems to fit him pretty good.  I dunno who had it before but the stirrups were way different lengths (like 8 holes) and the cinch was on backwards, the stirrups look like they been dragged on the floor, and the latigo needs to be replaced, but the most important part is it looks usable and the tree is good, needs a good cleaning and some care and maybe even some nicer conchos and it'll be perfect.  It felt a bit wider trying it in the store but once I was riding I didn't notice as much.  Was pretty comfortable, didn't tip me forward just put me where I should be and never moved even if though when I was done the cinch wasn't super tight, that makes me feel good.
(first glance at it)

(and before we rode, looks good on him)

The cows were a bit silly, there was one a hereford cross, she was full of beans, just jumping and running and bucking and being silly was fun to watch her.  But she was a trouble maker when working the other cows, hard to keep my horse off her cause she was so out there.  Was good for me to be a little aggressive and get what I wanted done.  I find I hesitate cause I am unsure but I was told not to, just do it and I will be told if I'm wrong haha well OK I guess I just go for it now.   I have a hard time riding right up to the wall but I guess I will get used to that too.
(I could take a million pics riding him, he's so awesome)

(so I took a short video as we were cooling out)

Oh and while I was at K and K I picked up my bit for my pony.  Now I can ride her haha, as I just made plans to turn out all the horses till it starts getting warm mid march.  Then I can just focus on Easy and not worry about going from home as well.  I probly need to get a bit for Easy but while he's at Doug's I'm just using his stuff he said that's easiest.  But eventually he'll come home.  We practice in a correction bit (too bad the ponies one wont fit him) but not sure what he shows in, oh well I will know on the 16th I guess.
(pretty nice for a pony bit)

Oh and the owl we saw the other day, turns out it was a short eared owl and even though its not supposed to have tufts ours does,  I don't usually see them sitting just flying but he was posing this time.
(the cool owl, posing)

We have no big plans for tonight going to the neighbors for fondue at 5 and probly be home by 9, perfect haha we must be getting old we don't even wanna go out late anymore.  Maybe stay up till midnight and watch the fireworks but who knows.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

What a neat looking owl. I've never seen one close up, although we do get them here.
That's a pretty pony bit.
I couldn't get the video to play, it says an error occurred, please try again later.

lisa said...

Happy New Year! We don't go out much either. We usually stay in and if we can we will stay up to bring in the new year.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you will be getting lots of saddle time.I am not a fan of barbed wire tooling either, but a good saddle is a good saddle right?