Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Friday, January 24, 2014

I Love Cows

Today I headed back for another lesson.  I was unsure what was going to happen this weekend cause last night I got my email entry back saying I sent it to the wrong address.  Ahh so I wasn't entered in the show :(  I went for my lesson anyways and told Doug and he gave me the number of the arena owner and I talked to him and he said it shouldn't be a problem but to call his wife.  So I did and she put me in at the bottom of the class.  Which is fine I'm not worried about being last or having used cows, it will be fine anyways we are just going for more show experience.

It was a really good lesson, I was so excited how well it was going.  I had to lope forever again before we started and she was tired.  Then in come the cows and she was full of energy again, I love how much she loves her job :)  We picked a cow and all I was thinking of was stop and pull on her to stop.  Was good so we worked on pushing her off a cow whenever I could, she likes to creep up on them.

I finally feel like my hands are connected to my brain, rather than waiting for her to stop if she doesn't I am on her right away, no chance for her to make a mistake.  She knows how to do it, she just gets lazy if I let her.  I never thought of it much but its been a long time since Doug has had to get on my horse to get her correct before a show, so I guess I must be improving its just slow so I don't notice.
(my first attempt at a selfie with my horse, apparently it was a bit sunny)

Glad a friend is coming with me tomorrow so I have company for the drive and its always kinda scary going somewhere new, we went one day last year but just to watch this will be more stressful actually gotta do something.  I am in the 5th herd tomorrow so I will have a little time from when it starts at 10 till I go.


6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

good luck sounds like its all coming together for you

Nancy's Notes said...

Good luck to you! Know it'll be an exciting time!

4RRanch said...

Good luck, hope your friend can video.

cdncowgirl said...

Have fun :) Any chance your friend will video for you?

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Good luck and have fun!!

Unknown said...

Somehow I missed this post.

I hope you had a good time!