Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Horsemanship Challenge 2014

I somehow stumbled across this group on Facebook that if you want to join just submit a picture of you and your horse and agree to do 40 horsemanship hours in the next 12 weeks, this includes 30 rides of which 5 may be bareback the rest must be saddled.  Sounded like fun so I joined, sounds like a supportive group of people just wanting motivation to get out and ride in the winter.  I put in a pic of me and Jessie and so we are in :)

I would also like to do it with Kali but only entered Jess, I think only one horse and hopefully I will have Kals sold before 12 weeks too. It starts on Jan 5th so will have to get my butt in gear, had planned to already but always nice to have more motivation.  Its hard when my friends aren't riding for the winter and I feel like that's all I do.  It starts today but at -31 this morning I can wait till tomorrow.

This is a great start for my 2014 horse goals, I want to ride more, I dunno how much I rode last year was pretty slack about keeping track but will try to be better this year.  I also want to move out of the $2000 limited cutting class.  I have a long ways to go, am only at $168 but hope its possible this year to move on.  I am sick of feeling like a beginner all the time after 2 years of doing this should be a little better right?  But money earned in winter series doesn't count nor does central shows so if I am gonna do this I have to prove to Doug (and myself) we can compete at ACHA shows and win.  He always asks what my goals are and so next time I go I am gonna tell him this.  He will say its gonna be work but I am ready this year, no more excuses!

6 comments:

Kalin said...

Love that idea. If I had the ability to do it, I would in a heartbeat!! Not being able to drive to the barn myself stinks, lol.

4RRanch said...

Seems to me like winning any money in cutting shoud get you out of beginner status. Also, ay munis 31 I think I would wait until tomorrow too. It is suppose to hit us tomorrow night.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great idea, I want to ride more as well, but I would have to ride and awful lot to catch up with you !

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Sounds fun. That's a great picture of you and Jessie!

Unknown said...

Love the idea, considered joining in, but I never know what is going to happen with me, so think I won't.

I agree with BrownEyed Cowgirl...that is a great pic!

Shirley said...

Its a worthy goal! But riding outdoors in Alberta winters is not easy, especially when that wind comes up. Nice photo of you and Jessie.