Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Equestrian Challenge Day 1

Day 1 -- When and Why you started riding.

I don't really remember the first ride I ever had, my Mom rode lots,even while she was pregnant with me, so I guess I come about it naturally, lol.  But I did ride a few friends horses as a kid, but never got serious till I was in college in 97 that I started taking lessons and riding.  I did that for a couple years then got a job without a horse for a year or so the stared working at a stable but hardly ever rode there.  And when I moved to this area in 2001 I really started riding.  First was at work on the ranch and now more for fun.

Why did I start riding, I don't know.  I always liked horses since I was little but we lived in the city and could not afford one but it seems like I was always drawn to them and am so glad I have the chance to ride regularly now.  Seems like a part of me :)

2 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looks like a good challenge, I don't remember the first time I was on a horse , the first time I remember I was about 5 and I was on my own so I suspect I had been at it a while

lisa said...

I was never on a horse until I was in my middle thirties! I have now been bucked off once, taken off with once, and dumped another time. I still love to get up but it takes sometime to get over the nerves once in a while.