Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Few Updates

Yesterday I headed to the dentist then then went riding, well I actually didn't ride but I treated Jessie with MTG again and koppertoxed her feet and I think the girth area looks better, and the gall is starting to grow hair back, so that's a good sign.  It was a fun kinda day just hanging around and visiting and of course seeing the ponies.  When I got home I had a look at my ponies here at home and I caught them unaware, but before I could get the pic of Duchess and Belle sleeping with heads down, Bailey seen me and whinnied.

So of course they lifted their heads to see what was going on and then they saw me and got up fully.  Silly girl, she is a talker that's for sure.  I fed them some oats as a treat and today Neil gave them another bale.  On April 5 I got the farrier coming and so I guess that's the day they get to move to different pastures and I can get to working with them :)

Since Neil left to take the ice out of the curling rink then to a vaccination meeting, I also had a look at the heifers to see if anything had calved.  Sure enough there was a new calf in there.

A few days ago Neil moved all the heifers with calves into another corral and all the ones to still calve into the close corral so its easy to check who has calved and who hasn't.  He left the stitched up cow in and she is sure easy to tell apart too!

I went in the house and this one cow kept bawling and I was just ignoring her cause I knew they were almost out of feed and thought she was complaining, but after a hour or so I figured I should go check and then felt kinda bad cause her calf got up on the wrong side of the fence and so I opened the gate and chased (well pushed) it back in.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like the cow is healing up nicely.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Busy times ! The cow looks good

5 Starr's Farm said...

Kids are kids, two legged or four legged. Your cows healing good.