Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Stills -- Birds

This week our Suday Stills was all about Birds, I am sure since it was so cold this week, the birds were hibernating somewhere warm, I did see a Snowy Owl a couple times, but not till after he saw me so no pics of them.  But we do have these little birds all year round in the lilacs and got a couple good shots of them.





Our calf shed also has pigeons in it all year and yesterday they braved the cold and come and sat on top for a bit.

And since I didn't get any exciting birds, I got this:

is better than:

Have a Great Sunday all.  For more go to Sunday Stills.

12 comments:

Linda said...

I like the bird apartment! We have pigeons here too but they wouldn't stay in the same place to get any sort of shot at them.

Shirley said...

That's funny- a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Do you know what kind of bird that is in the second photo?

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hi Crystal, Your funny, Is that a blue Jay, in the last picture ? different from ours. We have two kinds here.

lisa said...

Your pretty brave to be able to handle one of those birds ;)

Janice said...

Great shots.Love the shot with the birdhouse.

Crystal said...

I have no idea what any of those little birds are, I kinda thought they all were sparrows till I got inside and made them bigger, I will try to find out in my bird book though.

Country Gal said...

Nice photos ! I have a Blue Jay figurine as well ! Some of your birds there are Chickadees and House Sparrows but the first two photos I cant tell I also will have to look in my bird book ! Have a wonderful evening !

Country Gal said...

I looked through my Smithsonian Feild Guide of birds and couldn't find anything that looked like the first two photos ! They do look like a Hybrid of Chickadee and Sparrow ! Let me know please if you can Identify them . Thanks !

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great shots

Denise said...

Great shots - I think they're Snow Buntings - some info here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/s/snowbunting/index.aspx

Anonymous said...

nice photos, i loved the 3rd one. well done.

aurora said...

You cracked me up! I have a bird theme Christmas tree & collected many different types of birds (and bird houses) over the years. I thought about taking pics of those, but not sticking them in a tree outdoor - too funny!

Good shots, the third photo is my fav!!