Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Maple Creek Ranch Horse Sale

On Saturday I traveled with One Old Cowgirl and her cowboy down to the Maple Creek Ranch Country horse sale.  They were interested in buying a horse and I was just going along.

I had looked at the sale bill before and there were a couple fillies I liked there, a sorrel quarter horse and a black paint but I know I don't need either, so I didn't buy.
(Heres Lindas horse she wanted, I like the Hot Pink shirt on the guy ;)
The broke horses seemed really broke and they had one guy there who had a bunch of two year old in there and they were nice!  Not a lot of riding on them, but didnt worry or act silly even with all the comotion going on.

It was so hot!  I thought I was gonna melt while watching the preview outside, it was kinda nice to see how those horses go in a big arena like that.  But then they did some team roping and it wasn't worth watching. (for me anyways)
(Just had to put Chief in for Sherry, he was sooo cute, they called him handy sized, lol)
There was lots of weanlings there and they were all weaned and halterbroke and gentle, and some were really pretty too! 

It was a fun day and I was impressed with the broke horses as well as the colts.

7 comments:

Country Gal said...

An event I would love to be able to be at with all those horses ! Have a wonderful day !

lisa said...

Glad you had a good time even though it was hotter than the dickens! I love watching horse sales, but I don't trust some.

4RRanch said...

isn't it hard not to come home with something after a sale like that?

Amber said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to go to a horse sale - only I don't know that I'd have the strength to say no to adding a horse like you :)

Shirley said...

Sounds like it was worth the trip, just to see some good horses.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Thanks for the shot of the spotty! he looks a cutie! How were the prices overall?

Linda said...

I overheard Chief (or spotty as Sherry called him) was the buy of the sale.....he'd probably go for miles and miles.