Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Saturday In Ponoka

We headed up to Ponoka again on Saturday for the cutting show.  Jardi was judging this week so we just went along for the practice after the show was over.  As we left her house and headed down the hill onto the Drumheller valley the fog was so thick it looked like a solid wall.  Luckily it was only in town and we left the valley and the fog behind.


When we got there, we had lots of time to watch the show so I thought I would try to improve my pictures, and I think they turned out a little better than last time.

There were a lot of classes and it was kinda fun to watch as well.  I got to stand up in the judges booth and took some pictures from up there.

The mare I like, Karcy, was being shown in the novice-novice class and I got a video of them.


I do like her, I think she has too much rein, but Karcy sure looks like she is wanting to work the cow.  I never got a chance to ask more about her, but I didn't want to buy her before I go away anyways, and I want more chances to try her out as well. 



7 comments:

Susan said...

Those are great photos. It sounds like there are a lot of wintertime cuttings in your area. Around here horse activities pretty much shut down for the winter.

Shirley said...

Wish I had some cutting shows to brighten up my winter! Where are you going?

lisa said...

Great photos! Looks like fun.

5 Starr's Farm said...

You photos are great, nice and clear.
It's just my humble opinion, but that rider needs to turn that hordes head lose so she can work.

Linda said...

Your pictures turned out real well......especially in a dark building that big.

Janice Grinyer said...

I agree with the too much rein, yikes...and i do think she really wanted to get on that cow. right before the .38 timemark she splayed her front feet so fast like "no way little bud"...

Yay! Great photos and i bet the lighting in there wasnt the greatest for photography -hard challenge!

BridgeEtta said...

Just catching up on your blog. I've been missing out on so much lately. I think it was probably good you didn't get that mare. It looked like she maybe had some bad habits other than being reined so much that it distracted her. But of course, I'm no expert, or anything.