Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Questions and A Discovery

Over the last few posts I got a few questions I thought I should answer. 

First off Tom.  He is now mine and he is not Jardis, he belongs to a boarder who couldnt ride last summer so Jardi was riding him and she didnt like him so somehow now I am riding him, although rather irregularily.  The boarder does know and probly will ride him later this spring. He is for sale, so the more people who ride him, wont hurt.  He is kinda lazy and totally safe, and happy!

Then Lisa asked if I do groundwork before I get on.  Well normally not, on a young horse I may do a little bending before I get on or if I see they look off, but normally I just get on and go.  After catching and brushing and saddling and then tightening the cinch again, I usually get a pretty good feel for them and I feel safe getting on.

Then about my trip, on Friday morning me, my sister, and my mom are heading down to San Juan and going on a carribean cruise.  We will get back on the 7th of February.  We have booked this forever and I am super excited about it!  The only sad thing about it is I will miss riding Razz, but she deserves a break.

I also came to the conclusion the other day.  I was riding Razz and for so long she was pulling on the reins when I asked her to turn or turn her head, so I had been pulling her in circles and we have soved that now.  But she seems to drop her shoulder as we do corners, and I was trying to hold her up with my leg without succes, unil I finally realized I was still pulling my rein out to the side to turn her, so I lifted it a little and we had a perfect corner!  I realized I used to always hold her shoulder up like that and it works way better, I am so happy I figured that out!

6 comments:

Country Gal said...

Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip ! Thats great that you have solved your turning prob with Razz, practice makes perfect as they say ! Have a great day !

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Have a great time on the cruise! Sounds wonderful! And a nice break for the winter here

Shirley said...

You deserve a nice warm vacation after the last few months of nasty weather. Have a safe trip!
I love those aha moments when some training issue just clicks into place.

Janice Grinyer said...

lol such words from a humble cowgirl "btw were taking a carribean cruise" WHAT? here we are all knee deep in white stuff - that sounds like heaven!! ...SO you MUST take pictures- thats a MUST! so we can pretend we went with you when we see them!!!!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Hey Crystal...I left you an award on my blog.

I have always appreciated your comments on my blog and I'm sorry it took me so long to get yours on my blogroll. I didn't know what I was missing. :-)

5 Starr's Farm said...

Can't wait to here about your vacation!!!