Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Craft Sale and a Contest!!

Well I went to the craft sale this morning even though after I looked at the thermometer I wanted to go back inside and curl up, but since I ordered a table and would have to pay for it, i sucked it up and went anyways.  It wasn't so bad after I go there.  I am sure loving my remote start though.

I set up my table and got the 4-H table to take my picture at it.  She was taking pictures of all the volunteer kids at their table at the same time.  I brought three boxes of jams and jellies and two piles of dishcloths my mom makes.  I ended up selling two boxes of jams and about 5 dishcloths.  Not bad, I was asked numerous times for crab apple jelly and strawberry jam, guess I shoulda gone and picked some off Linda's tree this fall when she offered me to.  Well next year I will try to get more of them.

I also ended up buying all kinds of fun things, I got two Christmas gifts done and an amazing candle that smells like Pina Coloda and makes my whole house smell fantastic, like I should be on the beach!

I got a bunch of tea as well, I am really getting in to tea, now that there are so many flavors that aren't black and bitter.  Cant wait to try them all out!  I also got a community calender and what everyone is waiting for...a contest for homemade soap!  I have three different kinds, I will give two away (cause I want one for me:) all you have to do is tell me the best Christmas gift you ever got.

There is a big bar of oats and honey, two small bars (Prairie Rose and Prairie Wildflower) and two small bars (Prairie Rose and Prickly Pear Cactus)  made by my neighbor Gwen and they are amazing soaps that have fantastic smells! all 100% natural made with things from our neck of the woods!

10 comments:

Linda said...

You are MORE than welcome to crab apples next year....I hate them falling on my sidewalk and getting tracked into the house. I enjoyed visiting at the hall today even though I had to head out before my tire went entirely flat.

The best gift I ever received was when I was a kid and every gift was a horse model of sorts....I still have most of them;)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like a great day! And look at all the goodies. My best Christmas gift ever ,hmmm I would have to say , the dresses My Grandma would make for us . Every year she and Grandad would come to stay with us and she would stay up late Christmas Eve sewing the finishing touches on our "Christmas Dress"often times she would also make us a rag doll that wore the the same dress( I still have them packed away the really special part is it was made with love from her.

Shirley said...

Your table display looks great- love the table cloth. You did well! I love crabapple jelly too. My best Christmas gift ever? I'm getting it this Christmas; my daughter is coming home for Christmas, first time since 2001. All the wrapped presents under the tree mean nothing compared to that.

BridgeEtta said...

Ah, I totally forgot about the craft sale today. Everyone likes your famous homemade Jelly : ) I'm not sure what my favorite Christmas present ever was. One I really like is the horse embroidery you did for us, "What I learned from my Horse." I smile every time I read it.

5 Starr's Farm said...

You look so cute behind all your goods, love the snowman table cover. Nice Job.
My best Christmas gift was in 1983, our youngest son Zachary was born the week before.

5 Starr's Farm said...

I think Shirley's gift is the best. Home Comings.

Janice said...

Love your display all the pretty jars, wish you were closer cause that jelly is sure good.Eww you guys are cold it is only -10 here.Best Christmas gift.....hmm when I was little...like really little I got a Fuzzy Pink Puppy Chair thing I thought it was the best ever thing and I wore it out.Stay Warm.

Prairie Ridge Performance Horses said...

I cannot honestly think of anything that means more to me than my kids being home for christmas, that would be the BEST ever christmas present!!!!

Cheyenne said...

Your table looked great. What were the big sellers for jam? One year I did a table like yours, and everyone was asking for saskatoon jam. I guess you just never know what will be a hit.

The best Christmas gift? I have so many sappy at home Christmas stories that make my heart so happy. I think having my own babe last year at Christmas laying beneath the tree looking up at the lights will be a highlight...a forever gift.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

How did I miss this post, eh? I am so far behind. Sorry about that.

The craft sale sounded like fun. I've not been to one in years. You looked so cute sitting there, too. :)
Congrats on all the sales! And the candle sounds blissful :)

As for my favorite Christmas gift. As a child it was the Magic 8 Ball I wanted so badly. I wanted to know the answers to everything I had questions for. Boy, was I naive. lol!
As an adult my favorite gift was my GMC Van.

It's 8 years old now, and has served my family well. But at the time it was brand new and sitting in my driveway on Christmas morning. It was my first new car, and I was 36 yrs old. I always had to buy old used cars up until that point.
I had heard of other people who had been given cars for Christmas or birthdays, but I figured it was just untrue because of the cost. So I was shocked and so surprised on Christmas morning to find a brand new van in front of my house, just for me. :)

~Lisa