Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Helping Friends

On Saturday I went to help some friends move some cows, we saw all the swans on the dugout and they just we getting ready to leave as I got thier picture.
I brought Bailey, and sometimes she (thinks she) sees something in the distance and has to look at it for a while to figure out there was something or nothing there.
After my bunch of cows was going through the gate, this cow thought she could hide behind the tree, but her calf wasnt that ssecretive and I seen them, lol.
My horse does weird things sometimes, there were all these trees on the ground and she decided we should go through them rather than around them, so she picked her way through them and never tripped or stumbled once!  not like earlier when I thought I was going over her head cause she took about 3 steps on her knees, but she made it up again.
She got a little concerned about the backbone, not sure that was supposed to be out there.
The cows moving the way cows should move, in a long line, almost single file.  They end to lose less calves that way, except this time of year when the calves are a lot less dependent on mom and dont worry aobut where she is untill she is long gone.
Linda on her pretty and old painted pony, Pic watching the gate.
And her Cowboy and his dog and Lindas dog on his horse Buddy on thier way to treat a calf.
We left the cowboy with the ponies while we went to get the trailer and they seen us coming!
It was a fun day, I dont always get the chance to do that fun stuff with my pony.

5 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely day! I'm amazed how you could whip out your camera and take these great photos!So happy to be following along!
Ann

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great photos, and looks like a nice day.I know your help and kind heart are sure appreciated at that farm , and I am sure every where you go.

Linda said...

Good that you could go help....you can come here anytime;)

BridgeEtta said...

You're such a good help and I love the Jelly. Thanks again for both

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What fun you had. Almost felt like I was there...wish I was. Love that second photo. High alert! :)

~Lisa