Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gypsy and Princess

Yesterday we (I) went riding, not sure why I am always a we, but seems like I always think in multiples. Anyways, Princess was awesome as always, I rode her English in a matching saddle pad and girth cover and a Western bridle and me in my western boots and spurs, we make a silly pair, good thing no one cares about stuff like that.

When I went to get on her from the mounting block, I rested my hand on her withers like always and as I got on her, she leant backwards, like she was falling backwards. Not sure what that was bout, cause she has never done that before, but it was scary. I had walked her around after tightening the girth, and so that couldn't be it, and she was fine for the rest of the ride.

Afterwards, we checked and her withers are pretty sore and so is her neck, so I guess that extra pressure on her withers was just too much. I am gonna have to get a massage on her too I guess.

I fed her grain and braided her mane and she looks so cute now. I will try to take some pics this afternoon.

I also have the girl coming this afternoon to try out Princess. I think she will be a perfect match and Ill let you know how that turns out.

Oh ya and onto Gypsy, when I look at her now, I can see her udder without even bending down, but its not full yet, so I guess it will be a while yet, I am so excited, she should have it in two weeks or less.

No comments: